Sir Richard Branson and Steve Wozniak, supported by a global judging panel, select 2017’s most innovative startups, entrepreneurs and leaders
Talent has today announced the finalists for the 2017 Talent Unleashed Awards, applauding the most ground-breaking startups, innovative entrepreneurs and bold leaders across the globe.
The Talent Unleashed Awards identify companies and business leaders using technology to transform the world, creating disruptive and inventive solutions to business challenges or social issues.
Richard Earl, Talent’s Founder and Executive Chairman said, “Each year we search for the new front-runners in tech, and each year that search yields more spectacular results. I love having the opportunity to identify and celebrate the people and companies leading the way in innovation and social change across the globe.
This program is about bold ideas and brave leaders and this year we’ve seen incredible examples of both.
Sir Richard Branson, founder of the Virgin Group and Global Talent Unleashed Awards judge commented: “It’s pleasing to see so many fantastic entries with social and community impact linked to their overarching purpose. When you have a business that creates revenue, and at the same time improves the world and society we live, in you have the perfect entrepreneurial formula.
Entrepreneur and Talent Unleashed Awards Global Judge Steve Wozniak also added: “In an age of automation and digitisation, it is astounding the number of industries that lag behind. I’m thrilled to see so many frontrunners driving the acceleration of their industry through technology; artificial intelligence and machine learning was particular prevalent in this year’s awards submissions.”
All finalists are invited to attend the Awards Grand Final Events in Melbourne and London on 7 December 2017. The Global Grand Prize Winners will be provided an all-expenses paid trip to Silicon Valley to visit the homes of global technology companies and meet with leaders in the sector.
The 2017 Talent Unleashed Awards finalists are as follows:
Best Idea: One to Watch
- Omar Zuiater & Alaa Habeb, Emudent (APAC)
- Michelle Perugini, Life Whisperer (APAC)
- Nathan Spataro, Exo One (APAC)
- Nathan Williams – Minespider (EMEA)
- Isabel Van De Keere – Immersive Rehab Ltd (EMEA)
- Emma Sullivan – Prospela (EMEA)
- Mengju Wu – DCES (USA)
- Premal Ashar – Nuro Technologies (USA)
- Layne Fontenberry – Grainster (USA)
Best Startup: Tech or Digital Innovation
- Lee Hardham, Brauz (APAC)
- Markus Kahlbetzer, Brickx (APAC)
- Florian Simmendinger, Sound Brenner (APAC)
- Dee Saigal – Drum Roll HQ (EMEA)
- Mandeep Singh – Trouva (EMEA)
- Kristian Valk – Hotelchamp (EMEA)
Best Startup: Social or Community Impact
- Nikhil Pooviah, Cancer Aid (APAC)
- Kendall Flutey, Banquer (APAC)
- David Marten, Power Ledger (APAC)
- Max ter Horst – e-Kite (EMEA)
- Sebastian Stricker – ShareTheMeal (EMEA)
- Sharon Pursey – SafeToNet (EMEA)
Most Disruptive Technology or Digital Leader
- Clive Dickens, Seven West (APAC)
- Nick Whitehouse, MinterEllisonRuddWatts & McCarthyFinch (APAC)
- Mark Cohen, Domain Group (APAC)
- Richard Corbridge – eHealth Ireland (EMEA)
- Fin Goulding – Aviva (EMEA)
- Christopher Antony John Deery – Solihull Community Housing (EMEA)
Most Progressive Workplace Leader
- Jessica May, Enabled Employment (APAC)
- Annie Parker, Fishburners (APAC)
- Amie McKinlay, Lotto NZ (APAC)
- Greg Reed – HomeServe Membership (EMEA)
- Kirsty Styles – Tech North (EMEA)
- Linda Jones – Pinsent Masons LLP (EMEA)
Congratulations to the 2017 Talent Unleashed Awards Finalists! You can find out more about Talent Unleashed here