The successful candidate will be a quick thinker and problem solver, experienced in being able to investigate and diagnose technical incidents' and be able to determine root cause and, at times, be able to work with other technical teams to restore service.
The role includes a rostered, after-hours, on-call support where the Consultant will be responsible to work collaboratively with other team members and, at times, the broader technology group, to respond and resolve incidents. System coverage is 24 hours a day, 365 days a year.
Essential Technical Experience:
- Experience with Java, Groovy and the SDLC
- Experience using MS SQL and MySQL/MariaDB databases.
- Experience in Linux OS and CentOS
- Experience with Jira, Confluence and Bamboo
- Qualifications in IT/business discipline or equivalent.
- Understanding of networking technologies.
- Exposure to job scheduling technologies (Control-M)
- Understanding of automation frameworks (Puppet)