- New South Wales
- Up to $600 per day
- Job Type
- Full Time
- Alan Dowall
- about 1 year ago
The primary objective of the Application Packager is to package software for delivery into the client's IT environment. The Application Packager is involved in the packaging, testing and deployment of software, and will contribute to the development and testing of rollback packages.
This role is also responsible for supporting the delivery of a key Windows 10 project by providing technical consultancy to the client's Project delivery team, to support the rollout of enterprise applications.
- Coordination with and Technical Direction to Project Manager
- Creation and lodgement of Deployment strategy, Implementation Plan and execution
- Be responsible for the packaging and deployment of applications into the client IT environment, using common application packaging software. These include but are not limited to: Flexera AdminStudio, Microsoft App-V, Thinstall, App Volumes, and RES Software;
- Providing operating system, application, and hardware testing support. Write and follow test plans. Submit completed test plans. Recommend go/no go based on test results;
- Providing Microsoft Group Policy support for creation, modification, and deletion. Must know how to troubleshoot Group Policy support for creation, modification, and deletion. Must know how to troubleshoot Group Policy issues on clients and servers;
- Providing Tier 3 support for application packaging, application operating system (O/S) testing, patch management, Group Policy and troubleshooting O/S application issues;
- Be accountable for the delivery of application packaging, user acceptance testing, quality assurance and application deployments within the business according to ITIL standards to deploy applications
- Provide guidance to Engineers in order for the defined projects to be delivered as per requirements. Act as a technical engineering consultant to the project delivery team.
- Understanding business requirements by liaising with key stakeholders, partners, business stakeholders and software vendors
- 3+ years in application packaging with App-V
- Demonstrated ability to engage and communicate with staff at all levels in a clear and concise manner.
- Application Packaging and Virtualisation skills
- Application Scripting, MSI packaging, Citrix & Virtualisation knowledge
- Mobile Device Application Management (MDAM) wrapping, integration and deployment skills
- UPM Experience
- Knowledge of the Application Life cycle
- Experience with deployment of packages to Windows Server
- Excellent communication and presentation skills.
- Work collaboratively to develop and implement effective application package solutions
- Communicate application packaging requirements and instructions to team members
- Proven experience in the design and conduct of user acceptance testing and application testing.
- Relevant application packaging training and/or qualifications.