The APS6 Broadband Finance Officer (Professional Stream) is accountable under limited direction to undertake complex finance related work that is guided by legislation, policies, procedures, standards, methodologies and precedents. The position will perform various activities within one or more of the core finance functions of the Finance and Corporate Service Division, that may include, financial accounting, management accounting, finance business partnering, financial analytics and scheme finance.
- Provide detailed advice and operational support in relation to complex finance issues and problems.
- Interpret relevant finance legislation, policy and standards in the application of practices and procedures to achieve a variety of finance outcomes.
- Developing plans and objectives for short-term finance projects;
- Monitoring emerging financial issues and identifying likely risks and impacts
- Developing recommendations and solutions to mitigate, correct and prevent reoccurrence of financial risks.
The position is a team membership position that may be required to perform work that involves team leadership with supervision or management responsibilities requiring the setting of priorities, managing workflows and outcomes of a finance team.
You must possess tertiary level qualifications in Accounting or equivalent academic specialisation meeting the academic entry requirements of the Chartered Accountants Australia and New Zealand (CA), Certified Practising Accountants (CPA) Australia and/or Institute of Public Accountants (IPA) professional development programs.
- Ability to communicate with stakeholders in relation to a wide range of complex, difficult or sensitive finance issues
- Proven ability to work autonomously
- It is highly desirable you will possess (or be working towards) membership of CA, CPA or IPA together with relevant direct finance experience.
If you can successfully demonstrate all the above, then please apply now.