- $50 - $57 per hour
- Job Type
- Jarrodd Edwards
- 27 days ago
Our client is a community focused federal government agency. They have an exciting opportunity for a Senior Finance Officer to join the Finance and Corporate Services Division.
This is for a 12 month initial contract based in Geelong, at APS5 level with an hourly rate of $51.50 plus super.
You will perform various activities within one or more of the core finance functions of the Finance and Corporate Service Division, that may include, financial accounting, management accounting, finance business partnering, financial analytics and scheme finance.
Your duties will include:
- liaising with a range of internal and external stakeholders in a representational role on behalf of the branch and the division
- interpreting and applying legislation, policies, procedures, standards, methodologies and precedents to work activities
- coordinate and assume responsibility to provide detailed advice and operational support in relation to complex finance issues and problems
You will be accountable to provide accurate operational and financial advice and support across a range of activities within one or more of the core finance functions including:
- developing plans and objectives for short-term finance projects
- setting priorities and ensuring quality outputs for your own work and the work area
- monitoring emerging financial issues and identifying likely risks and impacts
- developing recommendations and solutions to mitigate, correct and prevent reoccurrence of financial risks
In order to be successful in this role you will have:
- Strong experience in similar senior finance roles in heavily regulated environments
- Experience within the Public Sector is highly regarded
- Tertiary accounting qualifications, and CA, CPA or IPA qualifications and membership
- Excellent communication and stakeholder engagement skills
- Excellent time management, planning and efficiency
APPLY today or contact: