Primary purpose of the role
This position undertakes assessments and provides advice, support and education concerning contacts made to the Child Wellbeing Unit and identifying potential responses by organisations to children or young people at risk of harm.
- Contributing to the development and delivery of training concerning child protection, in particular child protection practice, policy, systems and procedures within the Department, when required.
- Gathering information, undertaking assessments and providing consistent and high quality advice, guidance and information to mandatory reporters with regard to students at risk of harm ensuring that the organisation complies with legislative and policy obligations in the area of child protection.
- Identifying and providing advice to mandatory reporters concerning response options for students and/or their families who are at risk of harm or in need of assistance.
- Providing advice to mandatory reporters and CWU staff regarding cultural and child protection issues and also appropriate referral pathways for Aboriginal students and their families.
- Providing timely and accurate advice to CWU management on emergent issues including systemic, complex or critical issues.
- Receiving reports of students at risk of harm from mandatory reporters, maintaining accurate records by entering the appropriate and relevant information into the Child Wellbeing Unit's (CWU) electronic client system in a timely manner.
- Working collaboratively with CWU management and customers, senior Departmental officers, community partners, and other Government organisations to drive better service delivery including integrated and coordinated service systems.
- Previous experience in a similar role
- Strong attention to detail
- The ability to manage competing priorities are often impacted by non-negotiable deadlines, requiring the incumbent to influence and manage customer demands.
- You must have a thorough understanding of legislative environments and associated business reform agendas.
- Either has a current WWCC or willing to obtain one
- Available Immediately to interview and to commence.
If you can successfully demonstrate all the above, then please apply now. For further information, you may contact Jessica Abboud for a confidential discussion.