- EL1 Day Rate
- Job Type
- Kylie McManus
- 7 months ago
Assistant Director Evaluation required to join Strategic Evaluation Unit, established within a new and evolving Research and Evaluation Branch of a large federal Agency which is managing Australia's largest social reform since Medicare.
The primary function of the Assistant Director will be to support the Director of Evaluation to manage and deliver evaluations of strategic projects. Other functions will include helping to embed rigorous evaluation processes; supporting business units develop theory of change, logic models and evaluation frameworks; providing expert advice to business units undertaking evaluation; and supervising staff as required.
Initial 12-month contract term with extensions into 2021 and beyond highly likely.
Full time or 4 days per week part-time possible.
The Evaluation Service and Research Service teams have been set up to provide the Agency leadership team with decision making support and the research required to create a world-class scheme.
You'll be working in a team supporting the Directors to establish the research and evaluation capability, evidence-informed practice, build relationships with external experts and improve processes.
- Prepare and run focus groups, surveys, and interviews
- Perform quantitative and qualitative analysis
- Prepare ethics applications
- Develop the theory of change, program logic models and evaluation frameworks and plans
- Produce reports, journals, publications and presentations
- Introduce processes and procedures for research and evaluation
- Support the team as it evolves!
Selection Criteria (one or more)
- Relevant Bachelor's degree or higher with hands-on research or evaluation experience (eg a research thesis, publications)
- Demonstrated experience collecting, managing and analysing qualitative and/or quantitative data (eg surveys, focus groups, user testing, data collection)
- Demonstrated awareness of the principles of confidentiality, privacy and information handling
- Data management and analysis, such as NVivo or Stata or R
- Experience in writing reports and academic publications
- Any experience with research within government policy, healthcare, aged care, and/or disability services would be highly regarded but NOT mandatory - successful candidates can apply their data and research skills to a number of areas eg analysis of disability type, housing/employment, interventions/therapies, etc.
To apply please email Kylie.McManus@talentinternational.com | 0408 388 680
Full working rights, federal background checks, and the ability to respond to key selection criteria will be required.
Applications strictly close BEFORE COB Thursday 2 July.