- $ Day Rate
- Job Type
- Kylie McManus
- about 2 months ago
12-month plus day rate Federal contract to be located in either Geelong or Canberra within the Finance Branch of a national Agency.
The Finance Branch produces audited annual financial statements, the Annual Report, budgets, monthly financial reports and forecasts. The Branch manages the finance systems, analyses financial performance, and provides financial advice to support Agency decision making.
We are seeking an Assistant Director of Finance for the Professional Stream to undertake complex analysis for detailed/sensitive projects that may impact on the strategic or operational outcomes of the Agency. Responsibilities:
- Providing technical accounting advice to the Agency by navigating the Australian Accounting Standards (AAS) and applicable government financial reporting rules and frameworks.
- Reviewing and managing components of the Agency's trial balance using SAP Financials, providing monthly and annual reporting in Central Budget Management System (CBMS) to the Department of Finance.
- Delivering the Agency's Budget.
- Taking a lead role in the preparation of the Agency's financial statements and liaising with the Australian National Audit Office (ANAO) in relation to audit matters.
- Delivering various month end financial reporting and analysis.
- Partnering with other teams both within and external to the Branch to provide technical and general accounting and finance advice.
- Delivering various Finance projects and costings.
- Developing and presenting a range of written material of a financial and business nature, including correspondence, briefs and reports.
- Relevant academic qualifications Bachelor's or higher in Accounting, Finance, Economics, Econometrics
- Membership of Chartered Accountants Australia and New Zealand (CA), Certified Practising Accountants (CPA) or other equivalent professional finance bodies (or holding equivalent finance related post graduate qualifications)
- Extensive direct finance experience performing and delivering complex financial and governance outcomes
- Experience in Financial role within Federal or State Government - HIGHLY regarded
- Outstanding stakeholder management experience at all levels
Julie.Starcevic@talentinternational.com // 0433 872 700
Kylie.McManus@talentinternational.com // 0408 388 680