- Melbourne C B D
- EL1 Daily Rate
- Job Type
- Kylie McManus
- 5 months ago
12 month + EL1 Assistant Director role to be based in either Melbourne or Geelong. Reporting into the Director Policy Advice and supporting the Strategic Advice, Research and Inclusion Branch within this federal Agency.
The purpose of this position is to develop and implement complex policies aligned to the strategic priorities for the Agency operating the NDIS. This will be achieved through analysis, research and stakeholder consultation. You will be contributing to the development of long term plans and strategies aimed at achieving a best of breed disability insurance scheme.
- Anticipate and identify policy issues, undertake research, analysis and modelling
- Consult with stakeholders to develop and implement policies, projects, and strategies - driving those projects
- Develop and implement processes, procedures and tools that support the delivery of high quality policy advice
- Relationship building with Strategic Advisory Branch, Branch Managers, leaders of other Commonwealth departments, disability service providers, and advocacy groups.
- Provide specialised subject matter advice on complex and sensitive policy matters
- Maintain an understanding of issues and risks impacting the disability services marketplace
- Develop and present reports and ministerial briefings and policy submissions
- Champion evidence-based research working with the Agency's internal research team and external academic experts and think tanks
- Direct experience in a senior level Policy and Advice role within government (federal preference)
- People leadership and project management experience
- Research and evaluation experience, and experience working with external thought-leaders, think tanks, academics and external research partners
- Ability to engage with and build relationships internally and externally with government and non-government agencies, Participants and advocacy groups, research partners and engage with all people from grass-roots to Ministerial and Executive level
- Proven ministerial briefing, policy submission, and report writing skills
- High level understanding of the disability sector and NDIS
- Tertiary qualifications in government or public policy, research methods (eg PhD, Master's thesis )
Julie.Starcevic@talentinternational.com | 0433 872 700
Kylie.McManus@talentinternational.com | 0408 388 680