- Competitive salary on offer!
- Job Type
- Full Time
- Calvin Ebenezer
- 2 months ago
Telematics - support, performance, firmware, software, hardware
Near CBD location
Our client a global organisation and one of the fastest growing companies in automotive telematics is currently looking for an Automotive Telematics Specialist in a permanent capacity. The Automotive Telematics Specialist will be part of the telematics team and responsible for telematics device performance, by supporting device firmware, software, configurations and running device diagnostics
Skills and Experience required:
- Proven Experience in professional engineering in either GSM/GPS/Telematics or Computer engineering.
- Understanding of vehicle to cloud connectivity via: APN, VPN, TCP/IP, etc.
- Exposure to hardware interfaces and configuration development.
- Good understanding of Cellular modems, phone apps, and associated technologies (Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, BLE). Serial interfaces (RS-232) Applications experience.
- Beneficial to have knowledge of in-vehicle networking protocols (SAE J1850, ISO 9141, ISO 15765 CAN OBD) over a wide range of vehicles.
- Analytical skills to assess information, identify implications and develop logical recommendations.
- Insight and prioritizing skills to address multiple and conflicting tasks
- Creativity in designing bespoke solutions to specific client requirements
- Strong team player, hands on with an internal and external customer focused approach
- Commitment to supporting a collaborative, team orientated business unit culture
- Fast learner with IT and technical interest.
If this role is of your interest, please submit your CV by clicking the "Apply for this job" button below. or call us on 08 82281560.