- Western Australia
- Competitive rates on offer
- Job Type
- Full Time
- Kate Reynolds
- about 1 year ago
- Autonomous Team
- 6/8 FIFO roster enables good work-life balance
- Long Term rolling 12-month contract
- High Profile Mining Client
Our client is experiencing significant growth in their innovation/technology division and is looking for an experienced and dynamic Technician to join them in a FIFO capacity working at one of their remote locations in WA. Candidates should be from an instrumentation technician and/or auto electrician background and have worked in a mining FIFO role previously.
With excellent oral and written communication skills the successful applicant will be required to provide onsite support to new technology / equipment within areas of automation, wireless communications and remote control units.
Must have skills required:
- Practical experience designing simple diagnostics experiments
- Basic knowledge of wireless Access Point and mobile device computer configurations
- Ability to resolve breakdowns, instrument faults and commission systems
- Providing technical support to electrical and instrumentation crews
- Exposure to control systems and any automation technology areas.
- Practical experience with principles of sensors and sensor logic, PLC and data acquisition
- Practical experience using serial communications busses
- Knowledge of UNIX or Linux operating system including simple administration
- Analytical minded with strong problem-solving skills
- Ability to effectively communicate with all levels of the business including technical/non-technical and site personal.
- Self-motivated, positive attitude and good interpersonal skills
- Previous FIFO experience in the mining industry
- Trade certified
On offer is a long term contract, working a 'family friendly FIFO roster', on a high profile assignment within a specialist area (where training and development will be offered). Remuneration will be in accordance with the skill and experience of the successful candidate.
For further information and a comprehensive Job Description on this career-defining contract opportunity please click the "APPLY NOW' button below and attach your C.V (in word) if you require any further information please contact Kate Reynolds at Talent on (08) 9221 3300 or firstname.lastname@example.org