The business established a Power BI platform with a pilot Enterprise Data Warehouse on Microsoft Azure. This Project has been successful and they wishe to progressively rollout this capability to the broader organization. This rollout will be achieved via a Reporting and Analytics Community where ICT provisions technical capabilities to support business representatives with report development and data automation. The vision for this community is to enable easier access to data and replacing the use of productivity tools as a reporting tool.
The immediate focus of this role is to establish and operate the Reporting and Analytics Community. This includes developing a set of standards, guides and frameworks to enable consistent design of reports, data automation, data warehouse usage and access to data. Over a medium time horizon, this role will lead the development of a BI Strategy that outlines the business and technical capabilities required to support a more advanced, data driven organisation. This will include but not limited to advanced and predictive data analysis and data science.
This role will develop, maintain and continue to expand the corporate-wide Business Intelligence capability. Initially the incumbent will establish the required resourcing through the approval of a suitable Business Case and continue to profile additional resourcing requests as progressive business units are engaged. Subsequently the role will progress to the development of an engagement strategy that will manage the incremental delivery of the suite of capabilities throughout the business units - including building key relationships with business stakeholders.
This will document and govern (with the Data Governance Committee) all data sources, required access, allowed usage, and future methods for reuse - as well as collaborating with projects to induct and align their suitable resources. The role will involve developing the current (enterprise and domain) data landscape, future (target) BI capabilities and the required delivery roadmap. The outputs from this role will support the business and technology decisions, data strategy and outcomes will underpin the evolving Data Governance Framework.
Overall this role defines, implements and enhances the BI capabilities across the business by consolidating the views from business and ICT, then utilising accepted project methodologies and technology frameworks for continuous delivery. However prioritisation of deliverables is determined by business managers/representatives (in consolidation with other stakeholders) whom will incrementally engage through community specialists for implementation activities.
Although most business units have skilled modeling personnel this position will align and enhance domain expertise within business units - with success being measured by the establishment and operationalization of the Reporting and Analytics Community that deliver accurate data in reusable models, reports and technical ingestion patterns that comply with the BI Strategy. Target vision is to enable analytics and reporting that reduces technical and data debt overtime.
- Establish and operate the Reporting and Analytics Community that enables access to data and reduces technical/data debt overtime
- Improve reporting and analytics maturity
- Developing Business Intelligence (BI) Strategy and managing the roadmap improvement of required elements
- Developing and gaining approval for appropriate business cases that support BI initiatives
- Provide subject matter knowledge for the development of BI frameworks
- Experience with Business Intelligence (BI) frameworks, technologies and tools. Preferably experience with Power BI and Microsoft Azure
- Demonstrated strong verbal and written communication skills
- Experience producing and reviewing conceptual and logical data models, and associated documentation
- Knowledge or experience with data mart, data vault 2.0 and data warehouse design
- Experience organising, managing and running business facing workshops
- Experience with data governance and associated corporate structures
- Proven experience in capturing business requirements and producing data related designs or architectures to meet those requirements
- Understanding of Business Intelligence processes, technologies and tools
- Highly motivated and prioritises work based on business needs
- Excellent interpersonal skills with peers, management and business stakeholders
- A self-starter able to prioritise work based on business needs
- Ability to meet deadlines and assist others to achieve theirs
- Experience with dimensional modelling, relational modelling & data vault 2.0 methods
- Desirable: Experience working with Structured Query Language (SQL)
To find out more, please "Apply for this job" or contact Matt Brearley or Michael Tran on (07) 3221 3333.
For a list of all vacant positions, please see our website www.talentinternational.com