- Job Type
- Jackson Bruce
- 11 days ago
The Services, delivered in collaboration with and under supervision by nominated personnel, include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Provide best practice advice and technical leadership on implementation of data streams within a Hadoop platform.
- Development of data streams using Apache NiFi, Spark and Kafka (or equivalent technologies).
- Vendor engagement/product evaluation and on-going maintenance of infrastructure deployed at regional sites
- Provide technical direction / advice to vendors performing professional services on behalf of the client
- Assist T&I staff with implementing new solutions into the ICT environment.
- Work effectively in a small team environment
- Provide knowledge/skills transfer to other team members
- Record and maintain files/information in accordance with client's requirements
- Proven experience with the development of data streaming and processing pipelines using Apache NiFi, Apache Kafka, Apache HBase, HDFS, and Apache Spark.
- Data development and management experience including but not limited to data migration, modelling and analytics.
- Proven experience implementing role based access control within a analytics platform.
- Proven DevOps experience in large infrastructure environment, big data platform experience including but not limited to administration and support for a Hortonworks/Cloudera/Hadoop platform.
- Proven system implementation and integration skills, including but not limited to; systems configuration and change management process and documentation.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate and work effectively within a team
- Expertise in the following technologies:
- RHEL Linux (or similar) administration and support experience
- Graph databases (Neo4J).
- JSON, Java, Elasticsearch
- Database administration and management experience including but not limited to Microsoft SQL, Oracle and NoSQL technologies.
- Experience working in the government sector especially with agencies that run sensitive solutions
- Experience with containerisation technologies
- Automation experience in private or public cloud, relevant qualifications and certifications.
- Experience working in Agile Development environments.
- Experience with package management tools and practices (e.g. SNYK).
If you're interested in finding out more, please contact Jackson Bruce on 3031 4519 OR email firstname.lastname@example.org OR hit "Apply Now"!