- $50 - $70 per hour
- Job Type
- Mats Rorvik
- 10 days ago
Compliance and Regulatory Services aims to increase efficiency and responsiveness of officers and enhance operational and customer focussed needs with tools of trade (mobile technology), allowing officers to assist customers with 'on the spot' information.
A framework to guide the replacement of devices is required to ensure suitable devices are procured, based on an agreed prioritisation. Research and consultation is required to inform the most appropriate tools of trade options for the different areas of CARS operations as successful adoption of new devices may be dependent on a 'fit for purpose' solution, not a blanket option. Consultation with operational staff will be required to gain a better understanding of how they use the mobile technology they currently have (e.g. Surface 3 tablets, Samsung phones), and to determine the benefits and drawbacks of the devices.
- Work together with regulatory staff to understand the experience with and day-to-day requirements of using mobile technology.
- Facilitate workshops with internal stakeholders.
- Document integration, functional and technical requirements, including options and opportunities.
- Provide timely and accurate reporting to the branch Leadership Team as required in accordance with the ICT Governance framework.
- Ensure that recommendations and outcomes are in alignment with Compliance and Regulatory Service strategic direction.
- Ensure that recommendations and outcomes are compliant with existing and planned systems management frameworks, ICT architectures, and infrastructures.
- Reports directly to the Business Improvement and Strategy Manager.
- Recommendation for suite of software and hardware to meet operational delivery requirements
- Strategy for deployment of tools of trade/mobile devices. Scope may include (but is not limited to):
o Connectivity (wireless connection in vehicles)
o Networking (data entry forms as opposed to direct access to software)
o Environmental factors (workplace stressors, outdoors and field environments, high temperatures, weight of device, ease of use, and general workplace health and safety factors).
- Experience in successfully and working collaboratively with key client stakeholders/representatives and ICT support and operational personnel.
- Broad skill and experience in all aspects of ICT and defining business requirements.
- Strong interpersonal skills for communicating with executive management, peers and technical consultants/specialist both internal and external.
- Strong written communication skill for capturing ICT tools of trade requirements across the business.
- Demonstrated ability to interpret business need and processes and develop ICT strategies that describe sustainable solutions.
- Broad experience in business analysis and design, within the Local Government environment.
- Ability to work autonomously and to work with other staff, in a collaborative manner.