Primary purpose of the role
Provide effective administrative and office services support to facilitate the smooth operation of the business unit and the delivery of its services.
- Provide a range of administrative activities and office services that contribute to the efficient and effective operation of the team/unit that supports delivery of services to the organisations clients/customers.
- Manage and process business information in accordance with standards and guidelines to ensure all information is accurate, stored correctly and accessible as required.
- Use relevant technology to prepare documentation and presentation material to support business unit managers and directors.
- Implement and maintain effective administrative systems and processes and make recommendations to improve efficiency and better support the business unit in delivering services.
- Manage business unit filing systems in accordance with standards and guidelines, by creating, storing, retrieving and tracking files to ensure accuracy and security of information.
- Build and maintain relationships with other business areas to effectively arrange and set-up for meetings and manage the flow of business information and activities.
- Provide support and assistance to other members of the administration team as required, to ensure efficient and effective functioning of the team.
- Provide customer service and reception duties as required, to act as a first point of contact for the business unit to ensure issues are resolved or escalated appropriately.
- Previous experience in a similar role
- Excelent communication and interpersonal skills
- Previous public sector experience
- Good attention to detail