There will be some travel involves in this role. the position is ultimately based at Ultimo, however 1-2 days of traveling to different sites, so the successful candidate must be flexible.
The Careers Connect is a free service available to students during their studies and for 12 months post-graduation. The service provides professional guidance to students in making connections with industry, finding employment opportunities and successfully navigating the study-to-work transition.
- Liaise with potential employers and recruitment agencies on a regular basis to enable the ongoing provision of a broad range of opportunities for students seeking employment;
- Arrange and attend visits at various colleges to promote the service to students and staff;
- Provide one-on-one appointments with students to answer their queries to further their understanding of the recruitment process and review related documents;
- Implement and facilitate special industry insight events and related recruitment drives;
- Deliver employability skills workshops as requested by teaching staff and the international student section.
- The successful candidate will need to demonstrate excellent interpersonal and communication skills with the ability to communicate to diverse groups at all levels; ability to work independently and as part of a team and ability to manage conflicting tasks and meet deadlines.
- Experience in human resources and recruitment practices preferable.