Our client within utilities is seeking a Chain Commercials Analyst / Procurement Specialist for an initial 6 month contract. Working closely with the governance team, project teams, and procurement and vendor management to uplift the supplier management lifecycle, this role will support the development, implementation and management of strategies to provide the IT department with optimal supply assurance, pricing, flexibility, quality and delivery performance.
Key responsibilities of the role will include:
- Apply innovative thinking to IT procurement panel development to support business outcomes while operating within the constraints of the clients and Whole of Government procurement frameworks
- Work with IT contract owners to analyse current spend and evaluate current suppliers. Consolidate spend across supply base to create leverage, analyze purchasing trends and develop sourcing alternatives. Identify new high potential suppliers on global basis.
- Assist in the development of spend strategies, identification of potential suppliers, analysis of supplier capabilities, selection of suppliers and determining prices, terms, and conditions of agreements.
- Assist in the evaluation of supplier business proposals and present recommendations that will result in cost savings, avoidance or containment.
- Extensive experience as a supply chain commercial analyst or procurement specialist
- Strong experience with contract and vendor management
- Excellent interpersonal, negotiation and influencing skills as well as strong verbal and written communication and contracting skills
- Understanding of technology & non-technology contracts and procurement
- Experience with technology risks and /or audit concepts
- Experience with process development, and problem solving
- Project management skills and the ability to construct business cases
- High energy individual able to adapt to an ever changing environment
If this role sounds like it is of interest, please apply now, call Christian on 03 9236 7743 or alternatively e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org