- Permanent role
- Job Type
- Full Time
- Paul Alland
- 10 days ago
Drakes Supermarkets are the largest independent grocer in Australia and specialise in supermarket retailing. Operating over 50 stores across South Australia and Queensland, the company now has an annual turnover in excess of $1 billion and employs over 6,000 staff nationally.
The company's strength lies in operating on the principles of a family business and supporting local manufacturers and suppliers. Drakes Supermarkets has kept its focus on the important aspects of the business, the customer. This is the company's competitive edge, along with its family values and Australian heritage.
Based 10 minutes west of Adelaide CBD and reporting to the Chief Executive Officer and General Manager, as a key member of the Executive Management Group you will be responsible for the development and execution of the information and technology strategy of Drakes Supermarkets. The CIO will lead the ICT department with 3 direct and 50 indirect reports, which comprises: service delivery, ICT infrastructure, business solutions, all retail and wholesale supply chain, warehousing and distribution solutions. The CIO is also responsible for digital innovation and transformation projects, data management and integration, business intelligence, analytics and application delivery.
Key functions and attributes:
To be successful in this role, you will have the following capabilities:
- Be an experienced and industry-recognised leader/influencer open to learning
- Exceptional people and communication skills.
- Foster an inclusive, high-performance culture and team work, building communication, autonomy, knowledge sharing and learning within an ICT organisation.
- Build trusted relationships across the business and the leadership team and be a driving force in the innovative use of data and digital technologies.
- Drive information enabled (digital) business innovation, vision and leadership.
- Manage the ICT budget, planning, reporting and forecasting.
- Manage the relationship between ICT and the business, and act as a trusted partner of the executive team.
- Chair the IT steering committee and manage the IT service and project portfolio.
- Participate in executive leadership discussions and be a trusted advisor and sounding board.
- Ensure business continuity and availability are assured and the organisation is protected from information and cyber security threats.
- Improve efficiency in delivery of standard services through process optimisation and automation.
- Increase the maturity level of ICT and enable further growth, resilience and agility of the organisation through the effective use of technology and data.
- Manage effective and outcomes based relationships with strategic solution and service providers.
- Provide coaching and mentoring for the ICT management team.
- A polished negotiator and influencer (a true people person).
- A strategic thinker.
- An outstanding and respected relationship builder and motivator with exceptional people management and time management skills.
- Able to perform under pressure, remain calm and be an effective conflict mediator.
- Able to create an integrated, high-performance ICT environment and stimulate initiative, risk taking, openness, collaboration and learning.
- Experienced and possess business acumen with ICT financial management, budgeting and forecasting, business case management and strategic planning.
- Tertiary education (ICT/MBA) or equivalent experience.
- Demonstrated experience leading ICT organisations, teams and major transformation projects.
- A good understanding of retail, wholesale, supply chain and e-commerce operations.
- To demonstrate and foster Drakes core values: Customer Centric, One Team, Engaged, Results Driven, Communicative and Safety Minded.
- To be based in Adelaide or prepared to relocate to Adelaide.
If you are looking for a rewarding and challenging career move where loyalty is valued and working in a fast-paced team environment drives you, please send your resume and a cover letter outlining your experience in relation to the above criteria and click "Apply Now' to submit. Alternatively, if you'd like to have a confidential discussion please call Paul Alland on 08 8228 1559.