Primary purpose of the role:
Coordinate medical examinations with various providers in an efficient and timely manner using analytical skills to interpret medical information and provide quality, consistent and relevant data to support the Medical Assessment Panel decisions.
- Coordinate medical examinations effectively and efficiently using service providers and Lung Screen to meet the needs of our clients and case manage matters which may impact on the determination of Clients' medical condition.
- Analyse and interpret medical information, data, images and reports to prepare and determine completeness of evidence provided for determination of dust disease.
- Coordinate lung screen visits and liaise with local councils and business chambers to locate and secure the most suitable facilities for the Lung Screen and for customers.
- Prioritise workloads and work flows to ensure service delivery timelines are met.
- Investigate and assess medical records in order to identify and recommend the best and most effective medical service that meets the individual client's needs in accordance with policies and procedures.
- Liaise and collaborate with clients, their families, employers and multiple jurisdictions / medical service providers to obtain medical information and records in accordance with the privacy and freedom of information procedures.
- Maintain accurate records and records information systems and functions in accordance with records management policies and procedures and confidentially/privacy requirements.
- Verify and process invoices for payment, ensuring agency timeframes, processes, entitlements, policy and delegations are complied with.
- Actively contribute to the continuous improvement of services, including recommending changes to processes, policies and procedures.
- Assist and step in for in the Medical Centre when required, meet and greet customers and give them direction to information on icare's services.
- Previous experience in a similar role
- Strong committment to customer service
- Medical terminology knowledge
- Strong attention to detail
If you can successfully demonstrate all the above, then please apply now. For further information, you may contact Jessica Abboud on 02 9223 9855 for a confidential discussion.