- $125.00 - $160 per hour
- Job Type
- Steven Jobson
- about 2 months ago
- NV1 clearance required
- Long term contracts
- Large ICT environment
As an experienced Cloud Architect, you will use appropriate tools, including logical models of components and interfaces, to contribute to the development of systems architectures in specific business or functional areas. You will produce detailed component specifications and translates these into detailed designs for implementation using selected products. Within a business change programme, assists in the preparation of technical plans and cooperates with business assurance and project staff to ensure that appropriate technical resources are made available. You will provide advice on technical aspects of system development and integration (including requests for changes, deviations from specifications, etc.) and ensure that relevant technical strategies policies, standards and practices (including security) are applied correctly.
Other key responsibilities will include:
- Provide governance in support of the ICT Technical Assurance Framework;
- Provide expert advice on well-informed cloud strategy, manage the adaption process and identify the top cloud architecture solutions to successfully meet the strategic needs of Defence;
- Provide advice on deploying enterprise-wide scalable operations on Cloud Platforms, including selecting appropriate (Cloud) services to design and deploy an application (based) on given requirements;
- Contribute to the review of Cloud cost-control strategies;
- Review architectural design with vendors and SMEs, to identify exemplar practices;
- Work with vendors to formulate design plans, factoring technology investments and risks while providing value by improving business processes and eliminating unnecessary complexities;
- Review vendor proposals and determine value and the best return on investment, including how best to integrate into the existing environment;
- Contribute to the growth of the team by coaching and mentoring others;
- Serve as a liaison among internal stakeholders, vendors, technical resources, and project stakeholders;
- Contribute to the review of systems capability ensuring alignment with strategic requirements; and
- Provide advice and guidance ensuring adoption and adherence to information assurance architectures, strategies, policies, standards and guidelines.
The ideal candidate will have prior experience within a large scale ICT environment and will need to demonstrate the following:
- Detailed infrastructure (networks, storage and compute) at an enterprise scale;
- Software and systems design, including knowledge in IT Infrastructure and reviewing design proposals from technical assurance perspectives;
- Solution expert with Enterprise Technology implementation experience;
- Experience in enterprise grade network equipment (preferable Cisco) and inter-connectivity with other vendors;
- Solid understanding of available network infrastructures (data centre, backbone, facilities network, etc), best practice required to maintain LAN/WAN/VPN equipment, including routers, switches, firewalls, intrusion prevention systems, web filters, Access Control Servers and related connectivity peripherals;
- Extensive experience in conducting Cloud readiness assessments observing business and technical/network perspectives;
- Experience in evaluating existing data centres and digital strategies;
- Experience in cloud network with in depth understanding of user demands, scaling cloud services to serve growing business;
- Work with security to review and propose solutions for audit findings and provide remediation guidance or modern technologies;
- Understanding in Containerisation driven architectures, DevOps and Security methodologies.
A degree in the field of Computer Science, Information Systems or other related discipline and or Industry framework certification such as TOGAF, Open Group etc, is desirable.
Please contact Blake on 6129 6322 for more information