This role sits with the departments 'Cloud Services', who are responsible to deliver a large program of work to migrate applications to Public Cloud infrastructure from Development through to Production. This will improve application delivery lifecycle and enable agile development and DevOps. A Cloud Technical Specialist/Protected Cloud Automation Engineer will be part of the team supporting and working towards delivering an automated, robust and secure cloud environment.
- Participate and represent Cloud Services across technical meeting/working groups to develop strategic direction on various technical aspects impacting application cloud migration including over a protected cloud
- Document "How To' documents for enabling PaaS services
- Working with Security Architecture to break down high level roadmap into manageable project solutions over the medium term
- Execution of hands on build of cloud security technologies
- Work with Application Teams to define Application Cloud Architecture for applications in scope a cloud migration.
- Work as a technical resource on enabling PaaS services across the two public clouds used for hosting workloads.
- Work in agile team environment to deploy and trouble-shoot new PaaS services and application automation in lower levels as well as production
- Participate in solution concepts, capacity planning and design artefacts as a part of project team.
- Work as a technical resource to build, configure and then support Containers to support the ATOs hosting strategy.
- Work in multi-vendor environment (MVE) to assist on Disaster Recovery, business continuity and solutions in cloud.
- Create high level technical designs or use when building new PaaS services that will be used by application teams
- Continuous improvement of developer experience by analysing the changing developer needs and designing and proposing an appropriate solution to meet their changing requirements in consultation with Service Operations and Enterprise Architecture.
- Extensive experience working in AWS and Azure Secure Cloud environments
- Strong Linux and Ansible skills
- Good experience in networking technologies including DNS, TCP/IP, SSL, DHCP and Load Balancing.
- Demonstrated ability to identify common risks in the Cloud, and formulate and execute cloud strategies
- Demonstrated ability in deploying logging and monitoring tools over large deployments and automating event response * Understanding of machine learning concepts and applications * Extensive experience in Public Cloud design and implementation activities.
- Scripting, Programming Orchestration and provisioning, infrastructure as code
- Knowledge of AWS, Azure, VMware/vSphere Virtualization
- Automated workflows/pipelines
- Container technologies (Docker & OpenShift)
- Strong documentation skills, including documenting technical specifications, standard operating procedures and build and configuration guides.
- Exposure to Agile / SCRUM environments and ability to lead agile teams
- Good understanding of high availability and resilient environments is a plus
- Demonstrated knowledge of TOGAF or other architectural frameworks and or methodologies
- Ability to develop and provide training to staff.