- Negotiable hourly rate on offer
- Job Type
- Deborah Moreton
- 3 months ago
- Minimum three years' experience in a similar role
- A degree in communications, journalism or relevant field
- Previous government experience
We are seeking Communication Officer to assist our State and Local Government clients with short term contracts. We work with an extensive portfolio of well-established Government Agencies. Being engaged as a contractor, you will represent us by interacting with a variety of clients in a diverse range of government departments.
Your new role
You will be assisting government department with below duties but not limited to:
- Writes, edits and proof-reads communications content to influence a wide range of audiences.
- Prepares media releases, arranges and attends photo calls.
- Responds to media enquiries, with guidance.
- Responds to social media comments and messages.
- Responsible for social media content creation and scheduling.
- Produces video.
- Coordinates web editing team, and edits and updates website content.
- Contributes to marketing initiatives.
- Prepares, with guidance, speeches and briefing notes.
- Prepares the e-newsletter, community newsletter, advertorials and key publications as directed.
- Assists with the implementation of key strategic documents such as the department Communications and Marketing Strategy and Social Media Strategy.
- Prepares communications and promotional plans under the guidance of the Manager Communications and Marketing.
- Considerable knowledge and skill level demonstrated through prior experience in a communications role.
- Highly developed ability to write, edit and proof-read communications materials across a range of mediums including social media.
- Highly developed communication skills with the ability to influence a range of audiences.
- Experience in dealing with the media.
- Experience using website content management systems and producing e-newsletters.
- Proven ability to create, collaborate and contribute to a high performing team with highly developed research and analytical skills.
- Strong experience with social media platforms.
Minimum three years' experience in a similar role; A degree in communications, journalism or relevant field; and previous government experience
What you'll get in return
You will be offered an hourly rate, fixed term contract and a degree of autonomy.
What you need to do now
If you match the selection criteria and are interested in finding out more about the position, please forward your updated CV to David Gonsalves by clicking the "APPLY NOW' button. For a list of all vacant positions, please see our website www.talentinternational.com
For further enquiries please call 08 9221 3300.