- New South Wales
- $31.70 per hour
- Job Type
- Pinki Verma
- 9 months ago
Talent International is working in partnership with a large government organisation to assist in sourcing an experienced Computer Support Officer to assist in the operations management functions within ICT Services to ensure the delivery of high-quality services to the broad range of users in the business and other contracted service users.
This is a 3-6 months contract to start with a strong possible extension thereafter based in Camperdown.
- In conjunction with the Computer Operations Group Manager, take responsibility for the operational well-being of all IT equipment located within the ICT Services Data Centres and backup sites.
- Assist in the regular conducting of service reviews and Q&A to determine satisfaction levels with the services offered by the ICT as required by the Computer Operations Group Manager.
- Maintain a close working relationship with the appropriate 3rd party vendors/contractors and equipment manufacturers to ensure their delivery of service meets expectations.
- Perform backups and restores of the system files when requested by the Operations Group Manager.
- Ensure all backups are monitoring within the appropriate timeframe with any failures escalated accordingly and signed off.
- Considerable proven Computer Operations experience in a medium to large 365 days, 24/7 Data Centre environment
- Proven recent Service Desk staff experience
- Demonstrated experience and understanding of Operating Systems including HP-UX,
- OpenVMS, Red-Hat Linux and Microsoft Windows
- Experience with the HP Data Protector backup application
If you would be interested in this role please submit your application in Word format only by clicking the "APPLY NOW" button below or email@example.com.