Our federal government client is seeking to engage multiple Member and Senator Contact Officers (MaSCO's) around the country to act as the primary contact for parliamentarians seeking information about the Agency's policies and initiatives.
Working as part of a key Agency program reporting into the Ministerial and Parliamentary Branch in Canberra, the MaSCO will engage with local members and senators to provide them with information, uplift engagement and resolve issues within their electorates.
We are a seeking 1 x APS6 level candidate to be based in Hobart to commence in January with initial term to 30 June 2020 (potential to extend).
Specific duties will include:
- Establish and maintain productive relationships with members and their staff
- Provide local members with information on purpose, scope and progress of agency initiatives
- Build confidence and understanding of initiatives
- Facilitate timely responses to enquires and representations
- Record details of complaints, enquiries and engagement with local members.
- Plan public events for local members to discuss and present information on initiatives
- Coordinate input into briefings
Skills and Experience
- Proven experience in communication and engagements
- Experience working with parliamentarians or ability to draw parallels with experience in similar roles
- Experience preparing government briefs
- Strong, adaptable communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to manage confidential and sensitive information
- Experience in community event planning (desirable)
How to Apply
Kylie.McManus@talentinternational.com | (03) 9236 7725