Our client, a leading WA based organisation are seeking the services of an experienced Control Systems Engineer for an initial contract assignment which may create further extensions/permanent opportunities. Core requirements of this role will include supporting our client's major network of control systems, specifically their train control system network.
Key requirements within the role will include:
- Conducting fault analysis, investigating and reporting on all incidents involving train control systems and prepares technical reports on maintenance and repairs activities to ensure maximum effectiveness of the systems.
- Performing hardware and software maintenance work on the train control systems to ensure the real-time reliability and availability of the system.
- Performing system modification as approved by the Control Systems Engineers to ensure that the systems are operating at maximum efficiency and meet all required standards.
- Ensuring that all authorized repair works are completed in accordance with written technical instructions.
- Evaluating, and assessing the suitability of new technologies and/or documentation, and/or procedures, as required, relevant to the improvement of train control systems performance.
- Extensive background as a Control Systems Technician ideally, with a background supporting train control systems.
- Demonstrated competency in using software packages including diagnostic tools on different operating systems.
- Demonstrated ability to understand basic scripts, namely SQL, VBL, Windows batch files, Excel macros.
- Working knowledge of SCADA, Computer network configuration, and testing, and PLC applications and programming.
- Diploma in Information technology, telecommunications, Electronic Engineering or equivalent.
- ACMA Open Cabler Registration.
- Demonstrated in-depth field experience in maintaining and constructing real-time control systems including fault finding on operational control systems and knowledge of functions and interfaces between control systems.
- Understanding of Train Control systems and Signalling Technology.
- Long term, ongoing contract that can lead to permanent opportunities.
- Work on supporting a large scale, train control systems network.
- Earn Virgin Velocity Frequent Flyer points for each hour worked via our contractor platform, Talent Engage.
If you match the selection criteria and are interested in finding out more about the position, please forward your updated CV to Courtney Errichetti or James Hardley by clicking the "APPLY NOW' button. For a list of all vacant positions, please see our website www.talentinternational.com.au