- Competitive hourly rate**
- Job Type
- James Hardley
- 6 days ago
Our client, an industry-leading WA based organisation are seeking the skills and services of an experienced Controls Systems Engineer for an immediate start contract assignment. Core requirements of the role will include, maintaining the performance of Control Systems, encompassing the control and communications based systems on our client's network, to ensure the reliability and availability real-time control systems for efficient operations.
Key requirements of the role:
- Conducting fault analysis, investigates and reports all incidents involving train control systems and prepares technical reports on maintenance and repairs activities to ensure maximum effectiveness of the systems.
- Performing hardware and software maintenance work on the train control systems to ensure the real-time reliability and availability of the system.
- Conducting the testing of minor enhancements to subsystem or peripheral hardware, witnesses site and factory acceptance testing and provides technical comment on results.
- Evaluating, and assessing the suitability of new technologies and/or documentation, and/or procedures, as required, relevant to the improvement of train control systems performance.
Essential skills and experience required:
- Demonstrated in-depth field experience in maintaining and constructing real-time control systems including fault finding on operational control systems and knowledge of functions and interfaces between control systems.
- Strong competency in using software packages including diagnostic tools on different operating systems.
- Working knowledge of SCADA and PLC applications
- Demonstrated ability to understand basic scripts, namely SQL, VBL, Windows batch files, Excel macros.
- An understanding of Train Control systems and Signalling Technology.
- Immediate start contract.
- Earn Virgin Velocity Frequent Flyer points for each hour worked via Talent Engage, our exclusive contractor management platform.
- Maintain and support a large control systems platform.
- Work within a close-knit team.
If you match the selection criteria and are interested in finding out more about the position, please forward your updated CV to Murray Williamson or James Hardley by clicking the "APPLY NOW' button. For a list of all vacant positions, please see our website www.talentinternational.com - or for further info please call 08 9221 3300.