The Department is seeking the services of a highly skilled and experienced Cyber Security Specialist to support the Cyber Defence Section. Functions include performing and building capability in the domains of Cyber monitoring, Incident Response and Cyber retrospective audit and investigations. Duties that this position may undertake with limited direction and guidance include:
- Applying Cyber Security knowledge and experience in creating Cyber Security use cases to detect potential anomalous ICT activity.
- Utilising cyber tools in performing, monitoring and creating analytics that trigger Cyber events of interest.
- Performing retrospective audit investigations.
- Undertaking incident response and remediation functions as directed.
- Providing Cyber security advice and assistance that pertain to Cyber Defence activities.
- Creating and maintaining technical and policy documents that relate to Cyber Security.
- Applied Experience with a cybersecurity tool such as SPLUNK or NUIX (highly desirable), or the ability to utilise system administration or scripting experience to address cyber security requirements.
- An in depth understanding of current Cyber Security techniques, threats and vulnerabilities and the ability to apply this knowledge to mitigate Cyber Security Risks.
- The ability to work well and share knowledge within a team.
- Well-developed writing skills and experience maintaining technical documentation.
- Technical tertiary qualifications, Microsoft, SPLUNK or NUIX certifications are highly desirable.
- Minimum NV1 clearance
Please submit your resume to Blake at Talent International by clicking the "APPLY NOW' button. Alternatively, you can contact Blake on 02 6129 6322 or firstname.lastname@example.org for further information.