The Cyber Security Team plays an integral part in the prevention, identification, analysis, communication, and remediation of Cyber Security incidents. In addition, the team contributes to the development of new information security tools and techniques required to keep pace with the cybersecurity evolution.
As an experienced Threat Intelligence Officer, you will be responsible for all aspects of the intelligence lifecycle, with the goal of maximising the effectiveness of the CSOC and ensuring cyber threats are identified and managed in a rigorous manner.
This will involve providing the overall direction of the threat intelligence function through identifying the intelligence requirements of the CSOC, planning intelligence collection, processing and analysis efforts to produce a range of intelligence products for dissemination.
Your duties will include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Coordinate and complete threat modelling activities to identify the main threat types facing the organisation and outlining the tools, techniques and procedures likely to be used by the associated threat groups.
- Providing a point of escalation for CSOC analysts for incidents identified as being relevant from a wider threat intelligence perspective, or where additional intelligence analysis is required to address an incident.
- Producing threat intelligence reports and briefings as required for a variety of possible audiences, including senior management and external partners.
- Knowledge of phishing, malware, hacktivism, OPSEC, OSINT and IOCs.
- Ongoing review of CSOC platforms to ensure adequate detection capability (i.e. indicators, signatures etc.) are deployed across monitoring systems in a timely manner to address identified threat types and groups.
- Development of external intelligence sources, including those provided by open source, commercial, industry, government or community partners.
If you are interested in learning more, please contact Steve or Jenna on 02 6285 3500.