MS Azure / Data Factory / MS SQL Server / SSIS
12 month contract
Our client is about to embark on a cloud migration project and is seeking a Data Engineer with expertise in MS Azure, Data Factory, MS SQL Server, and SSIS to work as part of a team on a large data warehouse project.
- Design data pipeline solutions to ensure availability, security, integrity, scalability, supportability and optimal performance of data assets;
- Create data models for new data pipeline development and/or changes to existing data pipelines;
- Develop, test, document, implement and support data pipeline solutions to acquire data, transform it and prepare it for consumption;
- Identify data discrepancies and data quality issues, and work to ensure data consistency and integrity;
- Diagnose and resolve data pipeline performance issues.
Skills and Experience required across the roles:
- In-depth skills in analytics database platforms, including the Microsoft SQL Server stack and Azure Data Factory.
- Ability to understand business requirements and translate into technical solutions.
- Exceptional analytical, conceptual, and problem-solving abilities;
- Excellent technical architecture and technical support documentation skills.
- Ability to conduct research into database issues, standards and products as required.
- Technical expertise in designing, building, installing, configuring and supporting complex data warehouses and data stores.
- Strong understanding of dimensional and relational database structures, theories, principles, and practices; SQL and new database technologies such as NoSQL and distributed databases.
- Broad knowledge of data pipeline and data modelling design, including data warehouse and data lake frameworks.
- Data integration design practices including Extract, Transform, Load (ETL) and ELT.
- Experience with good data governance and development standards practices
- Knowledge of data dictionary and data lineage documenting techniques.
- Demonstrable understanding of application development standards, application development methodology and the software development life cycle.
For more information on the role and a details job description apply online or call Calvin on 08 82281560.