Talent International is working in partnership with a well-known Australian organisation to assist in sourcing a Data Engineer on a 2-year fixed-term contract based at Macquarie Park.
The primary purpose of the role will be to assist with building a data lake capability using ETL processes and workflows, owner of data engineering tools and subject matter expert of key source system tables both enterprise and 'Internet of things' for an enterprise resource planning implementation.
Main responsibilities of the role include:
- Develop, test and maintain data and analytics architecture, including databases and large-scale processing systems, for optimal extraction, transformation and upload of data from multiple sources and different technologies.
- Identify, design and implement process improvement to automate processes, optimise data delivery, and achieve infrastructure efficiency and scalability.
- Collate, process, transform, and model raw data from multiple sources, and utilise different data sourcing, integration and modelling techniques.
- Pilot, demonstrate and evaluate useability of new technologies and systems,
- Recommend ways to improve data reliability, efficiency and quality.
- Expertise in SQL, SQL tuning, schema design, Python, Kubernetes.
- Strong understanding of data structures and how to optimise data delivery
- Advanced knowledge and skills in Python, Apache Airflow, R, ETL and integration.
- Experience in analysing, modelling and interpreting large and complex data, with the ability to integrate data from multiple sources and technologies.
- Solid experience in building RESTful APIs and microservices, e.g. with Flask.
Please note that this a two-year fixed-term contract offering a salary up to $130,000 plus 17% superannuation
For immediate consideration please forward a copy of your current resume via the APPLY button or email Patrick at Talent International on firstname.lastname@example.org
For specific queries please call (02) 9223 9855.