- Adelaide Based Role
- Long term contract
- Commencing in May
- Multiple roles
The Senior Data Engineer manages and organises their own work in the context of competing priorities, including contributing to business planning, changes in workplace practices and business improvement strategies.
Essential skills and experience required:
- 2+ years developing solutions in Big Data platforms (Cloudera stack highly desirable)
- 3+ years' experience as a Data Engineer
- Experience of working in Agile teams and/or utilisation of DevOps methods for product development and support.
- Proven experience in development of data driven solutions using Cloudera Big Data platform and its underpinning technologies.
- Proven experience in implementation of data driven software applications on a big data platform
- Experience in leading design and development of data flows using Hadoop ecosystem components
- Demonstrated ability to lead the development of large scale, high speed and low latency data solutions
- Ability to rapidly design, prototype and implement architectural patterns on Big Data Platforms
- Work in multi-disciplinary teams and subject matter experts to delivery data driven solutions
- Significant experience and background in developing in Java/Scala, Python, Kafka, Spark, Hbase, Impala/Hive
- Ability to quickly understand complex scenarios and technical language
- A passion for design excellence and drive to deliver high quality products.
- Must be an Australian Citizen.
If the role sounds of interest, please apply by clicking the "APPLY FOR THIS ROLE" button or call Elizabeth on 08 8228 1564 for a confidential chat.