- New South Wales
- Job Type
- Anna Au
- 3 days ago
Initial 3 Months Contract
Talent International is working in partnership with a large government organisation to assist in sourcing an experienced 'Development Engineer'.
- Degree in Engineering from an Australian University or equivalent verified by Engineers Australia.
- Experience with assessment, compliance (including inspections) and processing of subdivision and development applications, construction certificates and associated engineering plans, with respect to engineering issues and in accordance with standards, and policies.
- Thorough knowledge of design and construction of engineering works (e.g. hydraulic, geometric, formwork, vehicular crossings, road pavement, stormwater drainage systems, compaction, subgrade stability, erosion and sediment control).
- Thorough knowledge of On-Site Detention Systems
- Excellent written and oral communication skills with experience in writing correspondence and reports in a business environment (using Microsoft based Office programs), providing customer service and dealing with people at all levels.
- Experience in Computer Aided Design (CAD) with an understanding of the design process and relevant guidelines and standards in relation to designing cycleway, roads, vehicular crossings, footpath, kerb and gutter, traffic signs and lines, and traffic control facilities.
- Knowledge of standards, guidelines, legislations and regulations (including Environmental Planning and Assessment Act 1979 and Conveyancing Act 1919) which relate to road design, stormwater, traffic, parking, transport and road safety.
- Knowledge of engineering surveying and the use of Total Station and general survey equipment.
- Demonstrated ability to accept delegated authority to manage workload with minimal supervision.
- Current class "C' drivers licence.
If you would be interested in this role please submit your cover letter & CV in Word format only by clicking the "APPLY NOW" button below or firstname.lastname@example.org