- Market Rates
- Job Type
- Danielle Wren
- 29 days ago
Contract until June 30 2021 + possible extension
Dutton Park Location
This role is suited for someone who is willing to adapt their skills to a non-corporate environment, and is eager to help and support motivated scientists to solve environmental challenges.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Provide guidance on DevOps best practices and implement, maintain and optimise CI/CD pipelines, both on premise and/or in cloud.
- Develop understanding of the department infrastructure and provide assistance with administering and maintaining a stable operating environment to support science teams.
- Maximise opportunities for automation to best enable robust and repeatable processes.
- Assist with managing Python environments with tools such as PyPi/ pip; Conda, Anaconda and Miniconda; Spack; Python virtual environments.
- Proactive approach to user engagement, with the ability to prioritise work, and deliver work packages autonomously and as a team member.
- Experience with DevOps/GitOps infrastructure deployment, management and optimisation.
- Experience directly supporting users with varied IT skills levels within science or STEM related fields.
- Knowledge and experience of Linux in a multi-user environment
- Experience deploying source/version control systems such as Git, Mercurial and GitHub/ GitLab
- Ability to communicate with and assist science users that are developing code in Python and R.
- Basic software development familiarity in Python and management of python environments using tolls such as PyPi/pip, Conda; Python virtual environments.
- Experience deploying automated CI/CD development tools such as Jenkins, Travis, Buildbot, Bamboo, GitLab/GitHub
- Container build, registry and deployment experience with tools such as Docker and Singularity
- Knowledge and experience of cloud resource deployment with products like Terraform
- Experience with science, data science or spatial information.
- Experience with private / public cloud integration.
- Familiar with solution architecture principles, practices and processes
For a list of all vacant positions, please see our website www.talentinternational.com