- Day Rate $
- Job Type
- Kylie McManus
- 25 days ago
Long term contract of 12-24 months with a Federal Agency based in Melbourne. The Digital Accessibility Specialist supports the design and development of existing and future digital apps, products and web sites.
The Experience Design team is a small and close-knit group of distributed professionals (Canberra/Melbourne) who strive to make a difference to customers (Providers and Participants).
This is a very important "thought leadership" role to deliver world-class accessible digital products and systems.
- Expert knowledge of WCAG 2.1 and how it is commonly interpreted and applied
- Inclusive user experience, and user interface design principles and best practices
- A solid knowledge of interaction and content design principles, best practices, and industry trends
- Knowledge of ARIA and related WAI documentation, and of how ARIA can be used in complex user interface design and development
- An understanding of how people with disability use digital products and systems and the functional impact of impairments, injury, and health conditions on accessibility
- Knowledge of and proficiency with common assistive technologies such as screen magnifiers, speech-to-text applications, screen readers, and operating system accessibility features and accessibility-related utilities
- A well-developed ability to present complex ideas in person and virtually
This is a great opportunity for a passionate Accessibility Specialist to make a difference and highly inclusive, accessible digital eco-system which will support Australians with lived experience with disability.
APPLY TODAY !
firstname.lastname@example.org | 0438 661 623
email@example.com | 0408 388 680