- Job Type
- Matt Brearley
- 9 months ago
The Senior Digital Radio System Engineer is a Subject Matter Expert (SME) in all aspects of Land Mobile Radio including analogue, digital, ETSI Tetra, APCO P25 Phase I & II, knowledge of communications standards and the various radio repeater site power configurations, the role of the ACMA, frequency use and relevant system knowledge.
You will be responsible for:
- Design and develop technical solutions that adhere to OT communications standards, reference architecture and to blueprint in order to address business requirements and implement them through IT change management processes and tools.
- Implement logical and physical changes as required for project execution in coordination with the Technology Remote Operations Centre (TROC) and site technology teams whilst following safe work instructions.
- Actively participate in the development and maintenance of OT communications standards and blueprints.
- Work with key staff as a level 3 SME in land mobile radio projects.
- Document high and low level designs, as built and maintenance strategies pertinent to delivering digital radio services into operations.
- Engage various senior stakeholders, vendors and users in order to build long-term,strategic relationships to assist with the development of solutions that will continue to meet or exceed business needs.
- Assist the principal/s and the manager to develop and maintain the life cycle of various network components of a land mobile radio system.
- Assist the principal to review and renew support contracts and engagement with various industry vendors.
- Lead factory acceptance testing, site acceptance testing and commissioning of new solutions as part of operations delivery and handover to support for new services or solutions.
- Actively engage with key staff to develop maintenance strategies to assist the operational teams for land mobile radio systems in line with business requirements.
- Manage, maintain and enforce standard documents, specifications, design documents and update the system blue print.
- Minimum of 5 years post qualification experience with one or more of the following technologies:
- Land Mobile Radio Systems, Radio Frequency Spectrum management, IEEE 802.11 protocols, Microwave backhaul transport and IoT network systems
- Hands on experience with Cisco WLAN and switching products including Aironet radios, WLAN controllers and IE/Catalyst switches
- Experience in performing radio coverage site surveys of customer environments to determine the pre/post state of a Land Mobile Radio networks.
- Experience in optimizing digital radio network and other capacity management practices to maximize return on investment
- Understanding of mining operations and practices
- Detailed knowledge of tasks related to maintaining complex network systems supporting IT / OT environment
- Experience running complex performance data analyses and develop KPI optimization plans.
- Experience in a large scale and multitenancy network with distributed local area networks in industrial operation
- Experience in Land Mobile Radio System troubleshooting, Problem solving and understanding of root cause analysis techniques
- Exposure to the critical communication systems for operating large processing, mining/heavy machinery.
To find out more, please "Apply for this job" or contact Matt Brearley or Michael Tran on (07) 3221 3333.
For a list of all vacant positions, please see our website www.talentinternational.com