Our client is a global organisation and has been active in the Australian market for over 40 years. The company is involved in designing, engineering and manufacturing digital signage solutions for the hospitality, consumer-driven and associated retail related industries. Culture being of the utmost importance, our client offers a very supportive and collaborative work environment which in turn provides the perfect breeding grounds for success. The business is rapidly expanding due to some significant wins, as a result, they are looking for an innovative, technical and strategic mind to head up their hardware division, and lead the business from the front with their cutting edge product design.
As the Director of Digital Hardware, you will drive innovation and strategy for the technical hardware product set and be expected to deliver the technical hardware roadmap and strategic execution plan. These responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Own innovation and strategy for the technical hardware product set.
- Research and monitor existing client base, conduct ideation exercises, investigate market needs, define unique value propositions, perform competitor analyses, and monitor industry developments to identify potential new product innovations and opportunities.
- Develop the strategic product roadmaps based on technical understanding, new innovations, market and customer requirements, and strategic alignment to the business.
- Technically evaluate and recommend products based on the businesses requirements and roadmap outlined.
- Conduct product and vendor selection through formalised RFP processes with the procurement team.
- Managing ongoing vendor relationships.
- Work closely with supply chain and procurement teams to increase efficiencies and drive vendor service levels where required.
- Implement process and systems to manage the lifecycle of products.
- Maintain product line integrity and consistency in product management activities including documentation, collateral, and processes.
- Review and report on product performance indicators.
The successful candidate will have at least 6+ year's hands-on experience in the digital signage space. Within that, a further 2+ year experience managing a digital hardware division and all the associated responsibilities. These include but are not limited to:
- Strong product pricing experience.
- Proven ability to own and manage a product set and develop and own product roadmaps.
- Strong experience in product and vendor selection, assessment and management.
- Experience working in the digital hardware space including but not limited to signage, gaming, mobile, kiosks and displays.
- Leadership experience and ability to manage and mentor others.
Competencies and attributes:
- Strategic thinker who can collaborate with and unify stakeholders to deliver a strong and trusted technical hardware roadmap which is recognised for its valuable contribution to the business.
- Ability to operate and influence in diverse and complex environment.
- Strong communicator, good writing skills to communicate a message with clarity and ease to internal & external stakeholders.
$180k-$200k Base + Super