About the role
Currently the Department supports a single app that was written natively for each platform. We are converting that app to Xamarin.Forms so that there is a single solution to maintain. We are actively working on a second app built on the Xamarin platform and are planning a probable third. This position will be employed as a developer on these projects, so Xamarin experience is essential.
- Undertake development and support of new and existing departmental mobile apps, ensuring that all activities are appropriate and undertaken within departmental, whole-of-government and industry standards.
- Demonstrated ability to develop using contemporary enterprise development tools and technologies including .NET 4.5, ASP.NET, Xamarin, TFS, MVC, Web API, C#, TSQL
- Development of reusable controls for Xamarin.Forms apps.
- Manage the development and implementation of standards, procedures and processes to promote and maintain software quality, conduct quality reviews to ensure standards are adhered to.
- Provide accurate work estimates and advice in the evaluation of technical solutions to information systems issues, including the review of estimates developed by other team members.
- Maintain and apply knowledge of system design and development life cycle methodologies, change management and quality management processes in order to develop innovative and appropriate solutions for information systems issues.
- Consult, negotiate and liaise with staff at all levels of the department to provide specialist and timely advice on technical issues relating to maintaining and supporting existing information systems.
- Develop, document and review technical specifications, including requirements, design and testing documentation.
- .Net 4.5
- Android Studio