- Contract initially until 21/2/2020 + possible extensions
- Based in Brisbane's CBD
- Assist in the development of project specific architecture, roadmaps, blueprints and processes that ensure that the strategic application of change is embedded in the management of the organisation, ensuring stakeholders buy-in.
- Provide high level advice regarding compliance between business strategies, enterprise transformation activities and technology directions, setting strategies, policies, standards and practices.
- Enable informed decision making on enterprise architecture issues by developing timely and relevant written submissions, briefs, presentations and information papers for stakeholders.
- Assist in the development of a holistic view of the department by building knowledge of business processes, information gathered, technology used, and strategy. Utilise ICT and business knowledge to help ensure that the business and the supporting ICT are aligned and will have the capability to meet our future requirements.
- Provide advice, direction and recommendations on all aspects of whole of government enterprise architecture, departmental strategy and governance.
- Capture and prioritise market and environmental trends, business strategies and objectives, and identify the business benefits of alternative strategies.
- In collaboration with the department's Technical and Solution Architects, assist in the development of architectural requirements for the department's corporate systems, and support projects and other activities by providing architecture advice.
- In collaboration with the department's Technical and Solution Architects, assist in the development and maintenance of the roadmap for the department's corporate and line of business systems portfolio, including the ICT Resources Strategic Plan.
- Work closely with key stakeholders from across government, as well as technical architects, solutions architects, and security architects.
- Contribute to organisational change through recommended improvements to existing business processes, practices, procedures and information systems.
- Act as a subject matter expert in the development of business architecture framework, tool suite selection and design and methodology development.
- Minimum of 5 years' experience in an Enterprise Architecture role in a large and complex organisation
- TOGAF certification and or experience working within TOGAF environments is desirable
- Experience in the implementation or redesign of an Enterprise Architecture practice is desirable
- Experience in change management.
- Exceptional problem-solving capabilities with a focus on simplification.
- Experience working with senior level stakeholders.
- High level written and oral communication skills and excellent organisational skills.
- Prior experience and knowledge of large scale education environments is desirable.