The Events Officer works with a high level of autonomy to support the Senior Events Officer, Assistant Director,
other members of the Event Management and Logistics Team, and the Community and Mainstream
Engagement and Provider and Market Engagement Branches. This position will assist the coordination
and implementation of a strategic and proactive events strategy and associated logistics, to raise awareness and understanding of the NDIS in the community.
- Assisting in the preparation and logistics of a range of events for the Agency including sessions, forums, conferences and webinars. Providing local logistical event management as required.
- Providing support to manage the events inbox, acting as a point of escalation for the triaging of NDIA events and third party event requests.
- Working with relevant engagement portfolios to review and provide advice on communications resources such as presentations, ensuring they contain the relevant targeted key messaging to drive nationally consistent, locally tailored solutions.
- Identifying opportunities to represent the organisation in interactions with key stakeholders and public facing events.
- Building and maintaining strong relationships with community and mainstream stakeholders to promote the Scheme, including providing information and guidance to people with disability, providers and the wider community.
- Providing a mentor or supervisory role to support team members to achieve agreed goals, identifying training needs and encouraging career development.
- Liaising with, and helping to coordinate, external suppliers in accordance with Agency deadlines, resources, budgets and contracts.
- Contributing to and taking ownership of data management, including the collation of stakeholder mapping and reporting of feedback. Using a range of programs to identify associated risks and trends to assist forward planning and inform deliverables.
- Providing input to briefing and event related documents, undertaking research as required.
- Supporting the delivery of materials for strategic projects as required.
- Managing competing priorities while maintaining high work standards and accuracy.
- Maintaining cohesive relationships with relevant internal stakeholders, working collaboratively
- Promoting workplace practices consistent with the Agency's policies and in accordance with APS values and leadership behaviours.
- Demonstrated experience in events management, stakeholder engagement, facilitation and communication.
- Requirement for a current Class C driver's license.The requirement for intrastate and interstate travel.
- It is highly desirable that applicants have an understanding or lived experience of disability.
- An understanding of the workings of government / federal government will also be beneficial to the role.
- Entry Level checks will be required for all successful candidates and dependent on the role the appropriate
- working with children and/or vulnerable people checks may need to be undertaken as per State Legislation.