- $50 - $55 per hour
- Job Type
- Lauren Fyfe
- 13 days ago
- 12 month initial contract
- PR's able to apply
- Max $55 per hour
About the organisation:
Our client is highly respected organisation, who provides services and supports to thousands of individuals around Australia. With multiple locations around Canberra, this vital Government organisation seeks only the most skilled and professional individuals to assist them in developing programs, policies, and initiatives that will improve the quality of life for Australia's most vulnerable.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Developing plans and objectives for short-term finance projects;
- Setting priorities and ensuring quality outputs for their own work and the work area;
- Monitoring emerging financial issues and identifying likely risks and impacts; and
- Developing recommendations and solutions to mitigate, correct and prevent reoccurrence of financial risks.
- Maintain an awareness of the requirements of their assigned core finance function, monitor changes in the work environment that may impact on the deliverables of the function; contribute to business improvement strategies to change workplace practices and procedures.
- Work within a core finance function, interpret and apply legislation, policies, procedures, standards, methodologies and precedents to their work activities; anticipating problems and contributing to issues management; escalating very complex financial issues to a team leadership position within the Division.
- Apply knowledge of the accounting standards, and other relevant technical requirements, in ensuring finance activities undertaken are consistent with the requirements for the relevant core finance function, particularly for the Financial Accounting function where such technical requirements are the primary area of focus.
- Possess tertiary level qualifications in Accounting or equivalent academic specialisation meeting the academic entry requirements of the Chartered Accountants Australia and New Zealand (CA), Certified Practising Accountants (CPA) Australia and/or Institute of Public Accountants (IPA) professional development programs;
- Strong communication skills;
- Consolidate, assess and evaluate available information on complex or escalated finance issues that have a medium to high impact on a core finance function; make decision to select and recommend an appropriate course of action
To apply for this opportunity, please contact Lauren Fyfe on 02 6285 3500 or click the "APPLY NOW' button below.