- New South Wales
- Competitive Salary
- Job Type
- Full Time
- Kiri Evans
- 24 days ago
In this role, you will be pivotal in overseeing operations across our client's entire fInance department. This is a unique role to to shape and drive change within growing startup business and have a real impact on their future.
Part financial management, people management, collections, tax compliance and reporting, as well as providing input into our processes, this is much more than an accounting or strict finance management role.
You will report to our Head of Finance and manage our bookkeeper and accounts assistants as well as our work closely with our external accountants and business analysts.
Manage Finance Operations
Manage our bookkeeper and accounts assistants to:
- Ensure our financial accounts are accurate (alignment, timing and accounting) globally
- Ensure end-to-end process of projects are invoices and bills are accurate, processed and reconciled accurately and in a timely manner
- Ensure smooth and timely collections processes and our consultants have a smooth invoicing & payments experience
- Drive systems and process development and operational improvements
Ensure we meet our compliance requirements (AU and US tax returns, insurance renewals etc.)
- Manage month-end reporting and entries
- Complete monthly & quarterly tax report filings
- Complete journals and adjustment entries
- Complete Insurance and Labour Hiring licensing renewals as required
- Manage our payroll processes
- Support our Sales team to meet compliance/other requirements for clients
- Work with Sales team to ensure data accuracy and complete project setup for feed-in to finance operations
- Work with Product team to lead product initiatives related to finance operations
- Analyse and provide insight for finance operations impacting projects profit
- Support audit process
- 3-5 years in a similar role, ideally in a 'Big 4' or mid-tier accounting firm, or within the finance department of a large corporate. You will also have experience managing direct reports and/or leading project-based teams. Exposure to start-ups is a plus, but not essential
- Relevant business degree with accounting major and/or a CA or CPA qualification
- Excellent Excel Skills (comfortable with pivots, large models, running analysis and reports)
- Experience with systems including Xero and Salesforce is ideal, otherwise you will have the ability to pick up and learn how to use these and other systems as required
To be successful, you will need:
- Meticulous attention to detail -- You know how important detail and accuracy is in all your work - from the financial reports, to analysis, to the CRM system. You take responsibility for ensuring the accuracy of all accounting numbers.
- Problem solving skills -- The unexpected always happens in startups, but you have the ability to take ownership of problems as they arise and create solutions on the go, while understanding how they can be incorporated into current practices.
- Top performer -- You will be joining a team of high performing individuals who challenge themselves and each other to achieve the most for our customers, and for each other.
- Communication and customer service orientation -- Great verbal and written communication is absolutely key. To be successful, you'll need excellent soft skills to deal effectively with our clients, consultants and internal stakeholders (particularly across the sales team).
- Self-starter - You have an instinct for making things happen and getting things done. You roll up your sleeves and push things forward. You're the type to come with solutions, not problems, and you know when to ask questions too.
Sound interesting? Submit your CV and apply online.