- Provide leadership to the team in the areas of cash & banking, systems improvements, accounts receivables, claims management and process engineering.
- Provide authoritative advice relating to policies, procedures and systems that enable effective delivery in a continually changing service delivery environment.
- Lead process improvement and advice on the ongoing development and maintenance of key financial systems and auxiliary databases (GLS, PSP, Blackline).
- Ensure project outcomes and deliverables align with the organisations timeframes and objectives.
- Act as subject matter expert for managing the provision of support to business units in back office areas such as but not limited to automated processes, bank file uploads, PSP integrated platforms, GLS enhancements, digitalised improvements to ensure integrity of the financial systems.
- Develop, implement and maintain governance frameworks to ensure compliance with public sector legislation, standards, policies, practices and procedures relating to financial and administrative resources.
- Actively participate as a member of the team to shape the future direction of the Financial Operations Team.
- Champion the use of new and/or updated financial accounting strategies, technology, systems, and business methods to deliver efficient and effective service in accordance with policy. This includes fostering sustainable customer relationships, and working collaboratively with colleagues in Finance and other areas of the business to gain support for the implementation of finance-related business reforms and to increase staff commitment to service delivery excellence.
- Develop and maintain effective relationships and partnerships to consult and negotiate services with internal and external clients and stakeholders.
- Lead, coach and actively participate in performance conversations to build and support a culture of high performance improvement across the team through the development of Scorecards and Individual Performance Plans.
- Relevant tertiary qualifications in accounting or in a related discipline and eligibility for membership to a recognised professional accounting body (CPA or CA).
- Broad knowledge of and demonstrated achievement in financial accounting with an emphasis on high level advice and specialised financial analysis and reporting, including policy advice and implementation.
- Experience in developing and managing teams in a challenging and changing environment, to ensure effective corporate governance and reporting.
- Knowledge of and demonstrated experience in the interpretation and implementation of Accounting Standards, financial legislation together with sound knowledge and understanding of the Public Finance and Audit Act 1983, government policies, Treasurer's Directions and Guidelines
- High level of communication skills.
To apply for this opportunity, please submit your application in Word format only to Deqa at firstname.lastname@example.org or by clicking the "APPLY NOW" button below.