- New South Wales
- $60 per hour plus superannuation
- Job Type
- Jessica Abboud
- 11 months ago
Primary Purpose of the Role
The Finance Accountant role is responsible for financial process assurance & financial data quality. It is a compliance focused role that supports the governance of the finance process (transactional) to ensure business (Customer) health, performance and alignment to long-term financial intents.
The role supports the review of approvals (business cases) and the production of approval documents and also supports the production of formal financial reporting including financial statements, statutory reporting and annual reporting.The Financial Accountant is a point of contact for internal and external financial audits and also supports the training and change management in relation to regulatory change.
- Fulfil regulatory reporting compliance requirements for primary and supplementary financial statements and disclosures
- Provide technical leadership and act as primary escalation point for internal or contract audit staff concerning more complex or unusual technical audit or compliance issues
- Recommend controls and compliance strategies to better enable efficient management of business and financial risks
- Monitor and reinforce continuous compliance with the internal financial control systems
- Prepare or evaluate business cases, financial proposals, cash flow and working capital analyses and identify, analyse and advise on financial instruments to minimise risk
- Provide financial accounting advice and commentary to business leadership so that business planning processes and the consideration of new business initiatives are fully informed on financial/accounting implications
- Provide technical subject matter input into the development of new finance policies or controls
- Provide advice on financial risk management and provide constructive challenges to risk mitigation strategies
- You must be CPA with extensive experience in Asset Management / Accounting for the above position. Preferred experience of 3-4 years minimum
- Demonstrated financial accounting skills, including: Responsibility for the preparation of year-end financial statements, Experience in financial accounting and reporting, Experience in external audit liaison
- Strong analytical, organisational and conceptual skills, including: ability to analyse and interpret information from different sources, experience in pro-actively identifying issues and formulating pragmatic, business- focussed strategies to address them
- Demonstrated experience in critically assessing situations and achieving results, including: Highly proficient problem solving skills, proven capacity to prioritise and multi-task
- Tertiary qualifications in a finance, accounting, commerce or other relevant discipline with full or on-going professional membership of a recognised Australian professional accounting body
If you can demonstrate all the above, then please apply now. For further information, you may contact Jessica Abboud on 02 9223 9855 for a confidential discussion.