- Key Leadership role - would suit a high performing individual with entrepreneurial skills
- Be part of a large Digital transformation program | Global Brands
- Skilled in Omni-channel execution & Demand Planning
- Opportunity to stamp your mark as a leader, drive change and take this organisation to the next level.
- Direct management of key suppliers and staff within the purchasing department
In this key role, you will work closely with the Director to manage the category and purchasing functions and be the one responsible for the pricing and overall promotion of categories to maximize customer appeal.
This position will lead a team of staffs within the purchasing department, direct management of key suppliers and be responsible for ensuring ongoing business improvements are achieved across purchasing and inventory departments.
Roles & Responsibilities:
- Generate and implement efficient sourcing and category management strategies.
- Ensure strategic procurement outcomes support and enable growth for all ANZ channels.
- Through ongoing internal (marketing and sales) and external information gathering and analysis develop industry-leading promotional plans that deliver on overall strategic goals.
- Review and refinement of existing processes including purchasing methods, inventory and cost controls.
- Take a lead role in Sales & Operations Planning Process ensuring all internal stakeholders are engaged and business benefits are delivered.
- Supplier sourcing, supply agreements and ongoing daily management of suppliers.
- Design and implement negotiation strategies and secure profitable deals.
- Manage and control purchasing budgets.
- Board-level reporting on purchasing and supplier relationships.
Required Skills & Experience:
- At least 8 years' experience with a distribution business in procurement, category management or purchasing.
- Strong IT skills including experience with an ERP system
- Good analytical skills coupled with the ability to challenge and question numbers.
- Demonstrated experience in delivering process improvements
- Excellent leadership and interpersonal skills including the ability to communicate effectively across all levels on an organisation
- Strong business negotiation experience and excellent stakeholder management.
- International expertise in e-commerce operations (US, Europe, Asia) is highly regarded.
If this sounds of interest, please call Kapil on 08 8228 1566 or Vimal on 08 8228 1562 for a confidential chat or Email your CV as our client is prepared to fill this role quickly.