Our client offers high-performance computing as a service (HPCaaS) for a wide variety of worldwide organisations. Built on years of experience in geophysics, their world-class compute cluster is tailor-made for scientific computing and attracts a diverse range of computationally-intensive projects.
We are seeking to appoint a HPC GPU Programmer with experience in writing and maintaining optimised software across a variety of platforms, to help customers bring their GPU workloads onto HPC infrastructure.
As HPC GPU Programmer, you will be part of a team of technical experts responsible for ensuring that customers can utilise compute infrastructure as productively as possible. You will have a pragmatic approach in dealing with complex third-party software, and you will be proficient in the languages and techniques used in these projects, as well as an evolving and unique HPC environment.
Your tasks will include:
- porting to and ongoing maintenance of scientific applications.
- inspection and maintenance of software written by other team members.
- achieving a basic understanding of customers' scientific domains.
- acting as 3rd-level technical support, for otherwise-unresolvable customer issues.
- providing and receiving regular, constructive feedback to and from your peers.
- collaborating on priority and scheduling for rapid project delivery.
- strong C/C++ skills, along with at least one GPU-targeted toolchain (ideally CUDA)
- experience using GPGPUs for numerical processing in a commercial or academic setting
- excellent written and spoken business and technical English, suitable for working directly with clients when necessary
- significant expertise as a Linux user/administrator (able to perform tasks such as installing complex software with challenging dependencies; building and installing a patched kernel; or diagnosing a device driver problem)
- experience optimising for both NVIDIA and AMD GPUs, and x86 CPUs
- a background or interest in some branch of Science
- sufficient maths to be able to implement algorithms described in scientific papers
If you have the level of expertise and are interested in finding out more about the position, please contact and forward your updated CV to Prasanna Kumar by clicking the "APPLY NOW' button or calling the Talent office on 08 9221 3300. For a list of all vacant positions, please also see our website www.talentinternational.com.