- Remuneration commensurate to your experience level
- Job Type
- Full Time
- Deborah Moreton
- 7 days ago
Our client offers high-performance computing as a service (HPCaaS) for a wide variety of worldwide organisations. Built on years of experience in geophysics, their world-class compute cluster is tailor-made for scientific computing and attracts a diverse range of computationally-intensive projects.
We are seeking to appoint a HPC Expert with experience in on-boarding clients, helping them to build and tune complex packages for performance on hosted worldwide HPC infrastructure.
As a HPC Expert, you will be part of a team of technical experts responsible for ensuring that customers can use compute infrastructure as productively as possible. You will have a pragmatic approach in dealing with complex third-party software - building, compiling, tuning and understanding. You will be proficient in the languages and techniques used in these projects, as well as an evolving and somewhat-unique HPC environment.
Primarily, you will work with end users to perform on boarding, installation, porting, optimisation and tuning, including but not limited to the following:
- Work with customers to achieve success.
- Benchmark customer codes against different hardware.
- Install, port, optimise and tune codes for optimal performance.
- Work with vendors to benchmark new hardware.
- Understand existing and new hardware, and realising its benefits.
- Ability to install complex UNIX packages and dependencies.
- Programming ability in at least one of C, C++, Fortran
- Ability to program with at least one of OpenMP, MPI, OpenAAC, Cuda or pthreads
- Code optimisation techniques
- Strong problem solving skills
- Ability to use batch queueing systems
- Bash scripting
- An understanding of modern computer, network and IO architecture
- An understanding of parallel IO and various parallel file systems
- Experience with team collaboration and version control, ideally git
- Scientific programming background to understand a wide range of numerical algorithms and techniques
If you have the level of expertise and are interested in finding out more about the position, please contact and forward your updated CV to Prasanna Kumar by clicking the "APPLY NOW' button or calling the Talent office on 08 9221 3300. For a list of all vacant positions, please also see our website www.talentinternational.com.