- Remuneration commensurate to your experience level
- Job Type
- Full Time
- Deborah Moreton
- 5 days ago
Our client offers high-performance computing as a service (HPCaaS) for a wide variety of worldwide organisations. Built on years of experience in geophysics, their world-class compute cluster is tailor-made for scientific computing and attracts a diverse range of computationally-intensive projects.
We are seeking to appoint a Linux Systems Programmer with familiarity in writing optimised software and scripts to help port new client computing projects to world-class HPC infrastructure.
As HPC Systems Programmer, you will be part of a team of technical experts responsible for ensuring that customers can utilise compute infrastructure as productively as possible. You will have a pragmatic approach in dealing with complex third-party software, and using and building the right tools for the job. You will be proficient in the languages and techniques used in these projects, as well as an evolving and somewhat-unique HPC environment.
Your tasks will include:
- porting of client code and scripts
- inspection and maintenance of software written by other team members
- becoming conversant in the problem domains of new projects
- acting as 3rd-level technical support, for otherwise-unresolvable customer issues
- providing and receiving regular, constructive feedback to and from your peers
- collaborating on priority and scheduling for rapid project delivery
- demonstrable familiarity with C or C++, Python, and Bash
- experience as a Linux user/administrator (able to perform tasks such as installing complex software with challenging dependencies; building and installing a patched kernel; or diagnosing a device driver problem)
- familiarity with performance optimisation considerations and approaches
- excellent written and spoken business and technical English, suitable for working directly with clients
If you have the level of expertise and are interested in finding out more about the position, please contact and forward your updated CV to Prasanna Kumar by clicking the "APPLY NOW' button or calling the Talent office on 08 9221 3300. For a list of all vacant positions, please also see our website www.talentinternational.com.