- New 6-month contract opportunity
- Immediate start
- First time advertised!
This role is responsible for undertaking site supervisions, inspections and reporting on contractor performance to ensure Infrastructure Projects are completed in accordance with the contract specifications, technical standards and to Health, Safety, Environment and Quality (HSEQ) policies and procedures.
- Monitor the construction of infrastructure assets and ensure work conforms to contract specifications, corporate technical and quality standards and is suitable for acceptance.
- Prepare detailed reports to record site activities, to ensure Contractors HSEQ of works and identify deficiencies.
- Measure contractor performance, report deviations from specifications and construction program to the Superintendent's Rep/Project Manager and initiate appropriate actions.
- Provide technical advice for the connection of new assets to existing systems and liaise with Contractors and Operators to ensure progression of works.
- Review tender drawings prior to tendering and raise constructability issues relating to errors and omissions of the design.
- Provide construction knowledge in Project Risk Workshops and Contractor Risk Workshops to ensure Health, Safety and Environment (HSE) risks are identified in accordance with the Corporate Risk Management process.
- Ensure a safe worksite by completing a minimum of one formal OSH inspection per month for each Project, recommending improvements to be carried out by the contractor, a copy issued to Superintendent's Representative.
- Ensures compliance on site with all relevant HSEQ standards and specifications. (This includes the hazard and incident reporting requirements.)
- Communicate construction, fabrication and quality requirements to the contractor, verify and undertake inspections and tests of the works.
- Proven ability to understand workplace HSEQ issues and take appropriate actions
- A strong understanding of the Office based and Product Group HSEQMS/ RT HSE standards and Project safety
- Experience in the auditing and corrective actions management
- Hold a Diploma or Degree in OH&S (Desirable)
If you match the selection criteria and are interested in finding out more about the position, please forward your updated CV by clicking the "APPLY NOW' button. For a list of all vacant positions, please see our website www.talentinternational.com