You will be responsible for:
- Contribute to the development of the overall ICT purchasing strategy and translate the purchasing strategy into concrete action plans.
- Manage and monitor appropriate systems and procedures to ensure the efficient management of procurement activities and compliance with Queensland Procurement Principles
- Work closely with key stakeholders to develop and implement effective sourcing and purchasing strategies for the ICT category in order to ensure quality of services and improve value to the business
- Leverage the organisation's purchasing power for operational expenditure within the Risk Framework.
- Manage the negotiation process, content and results. Lead the negotiation team to define the desired outcome of a negotiation ensuring outcomes are aligned to business needs.
- Manage the resolution of contract dispute as they relate to procurement arrangements.
- Guide relevant business areas to the correct supplier relationships that will help ensure maximum value will be delivered
- Develop targets based on aggressive, well founded, realistic and forward oriented goals.
- Track and report savings, support procure-to-pay process improvement within the Category area, monitor total cost of ownership improvement as well as working capital improvement.
- Enhance stakeholder understanding of procurement policy and procedures through targeted training and the provision of standardised documentation and tools.
- Carry out other duties as directed by the Senior Asset and Sourcing Officer as required.
- Working knowledge of legislation, contract law, common law principles and ethical procedures relating to calling tenders and administration of contracts.
- Proven knowledge and experience in GITC contract framework.
- Knowledge of practices and procedures relating to the procurement function, particularly in relation to procurement category and sourcing management, best practice purchasing and tendering practices
- Purchasing technical skills, confirmed capability in each of the key sourcing skills.
- Demonstrated high level of computing skills, with proven experience using the Microsoft Office suite and the ability to quickly adapt and learn new programs as required.
- Experience in preparing professional documentation in a procurement environment and selecting and using appropriate standards.
- Considerable experience in the preparation of procurement offer and contract documentation including GITC.
- Demonstrated experience and ability to effectively manage complex contractual arrangements involving a number of stakeholders.
- Experience in working in a flexible manner to cater for unique stakeholder requirements while ensuring compliance with relevant policies and controls.
- Highly developed organisation skills, including the ability to work accurately to tight deadlines and ability to progress several tasks concurrently allocating appropriate priorities.
- Highly developed oral communication skills and sound interpersonal skills, including superior negotiation skills and an ability to communicate at all levels of the business
Please apply now via Seek. Interviews will be held next week