You will provide ICT architecture and technology guidance, and also ICT risk advice, to various approved ICT enabled business initiatives appearing on the ICT Program of Work. Business sponsors, project staff and vendor partners require RSC guidance to deploy the most effective integrated technical solutions, at the lowest cost. IT risk advice ensures that interests are protected as the department improves the business via IT innovation. These services also include: requirement analysis; ICT security architecture; high level ICT solution design assessment; product assessment; vendor liaison; provision of ICT design and integration guidance; and the provision of business risk advice relating to information and ICT security.
- Assess IT enabled business initiatives and provide information security risk advice. The ICT Security Solution Architect will provide this advice to multiple projects concurrently.
- Develop IT security solution architecture including: identity management; authentication; end-to-end secure communication in distributed computing environments; service oriented architecture (SOA); database management; network defence technologies (such as intrusion detection and prevention); secure software development methodologies; and related security areas.
- Ensure information technology, vendor and partner solutions, information security strategy, policy and architectures are consistent and complementary, and will support future business directions.
- Research security oriented technical solutions to defined business problems, assist with prototyping new products, standardise and document security design patterns, and assess the impact of new technology or business developments.
- Review software solutions, under development, to ensure compliance with the enterprise security architecture.
- Develop security architecture templates; contribute to information security management framework, policies and other relevant standards and guidelines; and provide risk advice.
- Educate staff on information and IT security related matters.
- Demonstrated analytical, conceptual and problem solving skills, including the ability to develop original concepts and solutions, to ensure enterprise information security architecture and information assurance.
- Demonstrated comprehensive understanding of the principles of secure data communication and encryption technology, together with a practical understanding of security methodologies and their application.
- Demonstrated experience producing security architecture in a large enterprise.
- Demonstrated deep technical expertise in a broad spectrum of technology areas (e.g. ICT infrastructure, networks, operating systems, virtualisation, cloud computing, etc.).
- Demonstrated highly developed interpersonal, consultative and negotiation skills and the ability to build positive working relationships.
- Proven ability to effectively communicate, both verbally and in written form, including the development and delivery of oral presentations and written reports targeted for the appropriate audience, and liaise with all levels of internal and external customers.
- Excellent personal communication and consultation skills appropriate for all levels of the organisation, including the proven ability to prepare effective reports, address meetings, facilitate groups and strong skills in negotiation, consultation and conflict resolution.
- Demonstrated ability to engage project and business resources and achieve a complete understanding of the ICT risk issues.
- Experience in the application of ICT risk assessment and management processes for complex systems.
- Understanding of the Business Impact Assessment and the Threat Risk Assessment processes.
- Experience in an ICT security and risk management role, within a large and complex ICT environment.
- Ability to work effectively with limited supervision.
Thank you for reviewing this opportunity. If of interest, please apply now or contact Mats Rorvik on 07 3221 3333 for more information.